“Whether it’s understaffing, lack of training or simply loss of motivation, staffing issues can have a long-term negative impact on your business and your team. Don’t ignore the warning signs.”
Phil Latz – Business Coach
How to Identify and manage common staffing issues
Creating your vision of a “dream team” can be one of the biggest business challenges you’ll face. Avoiding staffing issues by keeping all staff motivated, stimulated, happy, productive and genuinely satisfied in the workplace takes great effort.
The job of recruiting the right team members with the right mix of skills, experience, and personalities must be carefully thought out from the start.
Whether this responsibility scares you or not, as a business owner, you are 100% responsible for ensuring your greatest asset, i.e. your staff does not become one of your greatest business challenges.
So how do you know if you have staffing issues?
Here are some clues.
Learn robust business strategies to avoid the headaches of ongoing staffing issues.
The top key indicators of staffing problems are:
- Bad product/service reviews online
Your brand’s reputation is everything. One or two disgruntled customers is, of course, fine. But if you find the negativity is more often than not, it’s time to act.
- Increase in overtime
This points to productivity issues, or you may be understaffed. Your rostering might need tweaking. It may mean a need for part-time or casual roles to be created.
- A rise in staff turnover
“It’s them, not me/not the business” does not explain the costly recruitment processes that are increasingly going to waste. It’s time to review your recruitment processes and your culture.
- Increase in staff sick days Maybe you’re pushing them too hard. Expecting too much. Causing undue stress with hard-to-achieve work deadlines.
- Increase in accidents in the workplace Got all your training up to date? You may be leaving yourself wide open if your non-compliance directly causes harm to your staff.
- Persistent staff conflict Not addressing conflict correctly can mean the loss of valuable team members if you avoid making hard decisions
Recognise any of these? Do not ignore them. Your bottom line profits will suffer if you do. Our business coaching will fix all of these staffing issues and any other business challenges you may have.
Not sure what to do next? I can help you with proven coaching methods that change the way you approach staffing
You may consider yourself to be a bit of a ‘funster’ boss who can motivate staff.
However, bandaid approaches like ‘bring your dog to work’ days, although fun and progressive, will not fix underlying issues if one team member secretly wants Fido to growl at another:)
When determining the reasons for staffing issues in the workplace, it’s easy to make quick judgements and hence errors as to where the problems lie and how to fix them.
I give you foolproof strategies and tools to effectively pinpoint and manage your human resource issues while ensuring you abide by present HR laws.
I will teach you…
The three key stages in the employment lifecycle and what you need to pay attention to throughout each:
- How to recruit the right candidate: The importance of planning, duty statements, organisational charts and using my never-fail recruitment process
- Strategies to retain staff: Pinpointing team motivators (for most this is not money), empowerment, the importance of sharing wins
- Ending things well: Cutting team members, why it’s sometimes necessary and how to do it well – and lawfully
PLUS other business recruitment secrets we’ve learned (sometimes the hard way).
Over 30-plus years, I have worked in, and with, many businesses to assist with staffing problems. I can now help you with yours.
The first step is a friendly, no-obligation phone conversation. Contact us now to get the ball rolling.
Ready to sort your staffing issues?
Find solutions to common staffing problems with our premium business coaching service
Your Business Coach
Offering 30 years of business experience to help you determine your business challenges and provide the foolproof strategies to fix them.